Sam Miranda Gran Fondo
Start will be from 8:30am with riders departing in waves. (Just after the Mend NRS event departs)
The 2016 circuit has been slightly modified from previous editions. We have increased the distance slightly to 115km and we have removed the last sector of gravel road that was in the 2015 edition. While there is some sections of dirt/pave they are in really great condition and you won’t need any more than your regular 23mm or 25mm tyres (all the pro's ride 25mm!)
Transponder Timing Finish point will be approximately 200m from the 'real' finish line. This is in case you get delayed by the 'Rolling Road Closure' required by the Women’s National Road Series.
Thule will be in attendance with their trailer showing all their roof racks, fittings, soft goods for you to check out for your next adventure.
Etixx Sports Nutrition will be set up in the Event Village showcasing and sampling their range of pre, during and post event nutrition and hydration products. They will also be on-course suppling hydration and nutrition options at the top of the Strade Nero.
Genovese coffee will also be available at the top of the Strade Nero for all participants.
Cycling Inform have developed a Training Program for you that is downloadable once your registration is complete.
For your entry fee you will receive:
• Fully signed ride course route
• Full Traffic Managed intersections
• On Course Marshals
• Etixx 'On-course' Hydration Station
• Genovese Coffee at the top of Strade Nero
• Ride Maps and course profile card
• Event insurance (CA Members receive discounted entry fee)
• Entry to the 'Sam Miranda' Event Village
• Buffet Lunch after your ride
• Awesome spot prizes to be won thanks to our event partners including a THULE RoundTrip Pro Bike Bag valued at over $800
• Downloadable tailored training Program from Cycling Inform.
• Event updates through our regular emails pre event including ride tips, training advice, special offers
If you are having difficulties in entering here please contact Event director Marty Tobin 03 5727 3888 who will be able to assist.